Sunday, September 28, 2008

Need Beads?




I know I do! There is nothing more satisfying for a jewelry designer, apart from completing a wonderful piece, than purchasing a batch of lovely new beads. Although most jewelry atrisit have more beads than they can ever hope to use, this is an addiction which brings great pleasure with great results. The lovely of http://charmsnfindings.etsy.com/ provides unusual Japanese beads as well as some Karen Hill Tribe pure silver beads which are my personal favories. Please read the following description of the little treasures she carries in her etsy shop.


"I've gotten quite a lot of questions inquiring what "tensha" beads are. They are artisan beads made of top notched acrylic from Japan and are done in the manner of decoupage. Decoupage is the art of decorating an object by gluing colored paper cut outs onto it in combination with special paint effects, gold leaf, etc. This was known in 18th century England as The Art of Japanning after its presumed origins. The tensha beads I sell are imported direct from Japan personally by me, these are NOT made in China. Everything -- from lucite beads to 14k gold plated charms are lead-free ; you can be assured of their best quality here at my store. If you have questions about anything, feel free to send me a convo."


I have chosen afew of my favorite selections here. Don't miss her shop!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great blog, thanks for including me! :)

-Nat from charmsnfindings