Friday, August 1, 2014

The Beauty of Ancient Roman Glass

My desire to make unique one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces has lead me to search for unusual findings, odd shaped gemstones and rich colorful stones to enhance my designs.
I recently purchased some very lovely ancient Roman glass with many iridescent hues shimmering on aqua, dark blue and green glass chunky beads. I decided to make a Y shaped necklace with some glass dangles and a spiral charm hanging from a handmade M connector. I hammered the connector to complete the ancient Greek, Roman design I was trying to achieve. Happy with the results, I added a bracelet and earrings to the set.  Now, planning ahead I have some beautiful fluorite and amethyst raw gemstones and I am thinking


about doing a similar necklace in gold. I would love some feedback on this design. Should I do the same Y shape design in gold or try something completely different? 

3 comments:

Harsh Garg said...

Nice and creative thinking.This Do it yourself jewelry you have created is quite innovative in its design.I think flourite will be best to use with the gold jewellery, as you were thinking.To purchase jewellery in Jaipur, India, contact DWS jewellers.

Unknown said...

You have prepared an amazing necklace and the use of amethyst stones is just amazing.I want to purchase one of your necklaces.Jewellery is also popular in Indian subcontinent too.To purchase jewellery from India, contact Rangrasiya Indian Jewelry.

VorraFashions said...

This is really a stunning piece of jewellery.You should positively do that Y shaped design in gold.Jewellery is also quiet popular in Indian Subcontinent.To buy jewellery , contact Vorrafashion jewellery.