Friday, October 3, 2008

A Touch of Whimsy




Get in touch with your bohemian side and take a look at the wonderful shop of http://meplusmolly.etsy.com/ . I am sure you will be delighted with the wonderful items in this shop . The lovely clutch bags you see here are made with made pieces of fabric and decorated with sequins and other embellishments. These bags are perfect to carry your necessities and have a shabby chic turned elegant look about them. This shop also carries handmade brooches and Christmas items. All the pieces are handmade by the artist . Here is her bio.
"After working for many years in the retail industry I am now working part/time and designing and creating my pieces of textile work.Art, craft and design have always been a huge interest to me. Evident from the years spent studying various courses at art college.Inspired by textures, lines, mark making and especially colour, ideas for the creation of pieces are gathered from the surrounding flora and fauna in the English countryside.I use a combination of new materials and a lot of fabric fragments to create my accessories. Creating items that are unique and individual out of beautiful remnants of fabric. A process that is hugely satisfying for me as a designer-maker and for those that purchase my 'one of a kind' items. It also means that my items have a much 'greener' outlook to them by using what would have been otherwise discarded fragments of fabric to create them.meplusmolly is inspired by my Nan Molly, an extraordinarily stylish lady who had an accessory for every outfit and every occasion!If you would like to enquire about custom orders or trade prices then please don't hesitate to contact me.


Happy browsing x"

No comments: