Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Do you Raku?







I have been a big fan of raku pottery for many years. I own a few vases and pots that look lovely in my home. Imagine my delight when I found a beautiful set of handmade Raku beads at the last gem show I attended. The results of that purchase are shown here. These are going to be hard for me to give up. I just love the way these pieces look, but alas that is what happens when you love your craft. I will sell them this season, but maybe next time I'll make an extra piece just for me.

5 comments:

The Beading Gem said...

The Raku pottery beads are just lovely - such beautiful glazes.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much!

Keely said...

Oh my, these are gorgeous! I love raku (I was a ceramics student for many years). Off to visit your etsy shop :)

Unknown said...

thanks so much Keely- I haven't listed this necklace or earrings yet, but will in the next week or so.

Inspired Designs by Teresa said...

Hi Dina, thanks for visiting my blog! I love your jewelry as well, it's both elegant and funky at the same time!