Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Indigo Luna

Today I am featuring the etsy shop Indigoluna. Please read the artist's bio below.

"I have always been an artist. I have always drawn, cut, pasted, painted, collected, sewn, written and dreamed. I have been driven by the question, “What if?” (and fighting against its archenemy, “That won’t work!”)I also wear many other hats. Among other things, I am a sign language interpreter, an energy worker, a minister, a blogger, a wife to a wonderful and creative man, and a mother to two wild and amazing little girls. All of these roles shape and change and inform my art.I am a 5th generation Oregonian. This lush and verdant environment is in my blood. I grew up in a valley surrounded by tree-covered hills and blessed with a great deal of rain. I memorized the names of flowers as a child. I picked basketsful of mushrooms in the damp woods and studied moss and built forts inside of blackberry thickets. After traveling the United States, I can’t imagine living anywhere else.My work has appeared on the cover of the 2005 Quilting Arts Calender, in Artella Magazine, Art/Quilt Magazine, Fiberarts Design Book 6, as well as many juried shows.Visit my blog at http://IndigoLuna.typepad.com"

No comments: